When the snow finally melts away and the sun decides to shine more, the smell of Spring in the air gets me very excited. Spring refreshes us, awakens the world around us, welcomes new life from the earth, and reminds us new beginnings. I don’t know about you, but when I feel like that, it makes me want to try new things. The feeling of Spring inspires me to do a project, learn something, or branch out. What about you?
Try one of 10 Best Spring Projects with Kids, ideas to keep you fresh and inspired this year:
- Plant a garden – it doesn’t have to be huge, you don’t need to live in the country, and you don’t need to be a master gardner! There are ways to grow herbs or veggies in small places. Its such a great feeling to eat a fresh tomato that you have grown, or cut some fresh herbs to throw on whatever you are cooking. Plus, you child is more likely to try new things, if they plant and pick them. So head to your local nursery and ask questions, and then get in the dirt together.
- Make bird feeders – hummingbirds or blue jays, there are some very simple feeder ideas that will keep the beautiful birds at your doorstep to enjoy. Many can be done with supplies you already have on hand.
- Make flower pot cupcakes! Don’t have a green thumb…but really like to bake? Bake your cupcakes in little terra cotta pots and decorate to make a very cute springtime party piece – genius!
- Flower shaped snacks – see how many ways you can arrange healthy snacks in the shape of a flower. Here are some great ideas to help you eat your way into Spring.
- Paint flower pots – you can spend a day painting terra cotta pots. Use for gifts (Mother’s Day is coming), party favors, or spruce up your own front porch. Don’t forget you can even bake your cupcakes into them.
- Go for a hike or a bike ride – find a new place around you to explore. Have you ever biked across a big bridge? That is fun!
- Wash the car, or the windows. Its amazing how much fun it is to get wet in the hose on a warm day. Plus, you end up with something clean.
- Picnic Time – pack up some yummy snacks, lunch or dinner, and head to a park for a picnic. Invite another family or friends to join you. Bring a blanket and a frisbee, enjoy the longer, warmer days.
- Pick a new art – Feeling a little crafty?
- Spring Science – try a simple experiment that will you teach you something new! There is nothing like learning something together with your child. Try some of these great ideas!