North Carolina Child Support Services (CSS)
“Child Support Services (CSS) are available to anyone who wants or needs help in collecting child support through a network of state and locally run offices.
- Individuals who receive services through Public Assistance (IV-A) or Foster Care (IV-E) programs are automatically referred for CSS free of charge.
- Custodial parents in Non-Public Assistance cases can inquire about CSS by telephone and receive an Application and Supplemental Data Sheet to complete, or they can visit any local CSS office.
- Custodial parents are responsible for paying up to a $25 non-refundable application fee.
The CSS program is not authorized to help with custody, visitation or property settlements.” — NCCSS
If you are a North Carolina resident and have children, you may be wondering how child support works in North Carolina. North Carolina child support laws are designed to ensure that both parents contribute financially to the care of their children. The amount of child support that is ordered by the court will depend on several factors, including the income of both parents and the needs of the child.
The North Carolina child support guidelines use a formula to calculate the amount of support that should be paid. This formula takes into account the incomes of both parents, as well as the number of children involved. The guidelines also consider other factors, such as whether either parent has custody of other minor children.
In North Carolina, child support payments are typically made through the North Carolina Child Support Enforcement Program. This program is designed to help ensure that payments are made on time and in full. The program also provides services to help parents with the enforcement of child support orders.
If you have questions about North Carolina’s child support laws or need help enforcing a child support order, you should utilize the resources such as North Carolina child support services and our child support calculator below.
calculation by clicking here
North Carolina Child Support Resources
- North Carolina Child Support Information
- Make A Payment
- North Carolina Child Support Forms
- North Carolina Child Support Guidelines
- North Carolina Child Support Calculator
- North Carolina Child Support FAQ
- North Carolina Department of Human Services
- North Carolina Child Support Contact Information
- North Carolina Child Support Enforcement
North Carolina Child Support Services Contact Information
Office of Child Support Enforcement, Department of Health and Human Services
PO Box 20800
Raleigh, North Carolina 27619-0800
Office: (919) 855-4755
Fax: (919) 715-8174
Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians
PO Box 427
Cherokee, North Carolina 28719
Office: (828) 497-4317
Fax: (828) 497-5736