The West Virginia Bureau for Child Support Enforcement (BCSE / DHHR)
“…West Virginia’s IV-D agency, establishes paternity and child support, and enforces support from a child’s parent. The Bureau for Child Support Enforcement also enforces court orders for spousal support, known as alimony.”
The mission of the West Virginia Bureau for Child Support Enforcement is to promote and enhance the social, emotional, and financial bonds between children and their parents. The Bureau accomplishes this mission by:
- Establishing and enforcing paternity, child support and medical support orders;
- Educating parents and prospective parents;
- Having accurate case management;
- Facilitating parent responsibility to minimize taxpayer burden; and
- Performing these activities in a customer-friendly atmosphere.” — BCSE
The West Virginia Bureau for Child Support Enforcement is a state agency that is responsible for establishing and enforcing West Virginia child support orders, child support guidelines, paternity orders and collecting and distributing child support payments. The West Virginia child support agency also provides educational child support resources for parents and prospective parents on a variety of topics.
In addition, the West Virginia Bureau for Child Support Enforcement offers a number of services to help noncustodial parents meet their child support obligations, such as case management, sensitive or confidential information and payment processing. The West Virginia child support program is committed to promoting responsible parenting and minimizing the taxpayer burden by working with parents to establish and enforce child support orders.
The West Virginia Bureau for Child Support Enforcement is dedicated to helping families in need by providing these important services. Child support is a vital part of ensuring that children have the resources they need to thrive. West Virginia child support enforcement works hard to make sure that families receive the payments they are due and that non-custodial parents meet their obligations.
Curious about specific child support obligations in West Virginia?
- Child support order : A West Virginia child support order is a legally binding document that outlines the financial responsibility of each parent for their child or children. West Virginia child support orders are generally issued by a family court judge and are based on the West Virginia child support guidelines.
- Child support guidelines: The West Virginia child support guidelines are used to determine the amount of child support that should be paid in each West Virginia child support case. The West Virginia child support guidelines take into account a number of factors, including the income of each parent, the number of children involved, and any special needs of the children.
- Paternity order: A West Virginia paternity order is a legal document that establishes the legal father of a child. West Virginia paternity orders are generally issued by a family court judge and may be based on the results of a paternity test.
- Child support enforcement: West Virginia child support enforcement is the process of collecting and distributing child support payments in West Virginia.
West Virginia Child Support Resources
- West Virginia Child Support Information
- Make A Payment
- West Virginia Child Support Forms
- West Virginia Child Support Guidelines
- West Virginia Child Support Calculator
- West Virginia Child Support FAQs
- West Virginia Child Support Contact Information
- West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources
- West Virginia Support Enforcement
- West Virginia Child Support Healthcare Reimbursement
West Virginia DHHR
Bureau for Child Support Enforcement, Department of Health and Human Resources
350 Capitol Street , Room 147
Charleston, West Virginia 25301-3703
Office: (800) 249-3778
Fax: (304) 558-2445