Tennessee Department of Human Services (DHS) Child Support Program
“In Tennessee, the Department of Human Services administers the Child Support Program. Offices are located across the state in all 31 Judicial Districts. The services are provided through local district attorneys, DHS staff and private agencies under contract with the state.
If you are having difficulty obtaining child support for your child(ren) or wish to establish paternity of your child(ren), the Department of Human Services can help. The Child Support Program provides services that promote parental responsibility to meet the financial needs of children and their families.
The following services are available through the Child Support Program:
- Location of a child’s parent(s) for the purpose of obtaining support or establishing paternity,
- Establishment of paternity,
- Establishment and enforcement of child support orders,
- Establishment and enforcement of medical support,
- Collection and distribution of payments,
- Modification of child support orders, and
- Enforcement of spousal support orders, if child support is involved.” — DHS